Pages

Labels

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good steward or hoarder??

We've all heard of those who do massive coupon shopping trips and stockpile all they can to save for later. Most of us do this to bless our families, but sometimes it can cross over into hoarding. I have a "store" in our back bathroom cabinets: shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, haircolor, soap, body wash, etc. We don't EVER run out of any of these. I buy them cheap or free and add them to the "store". When we need something we go back to our "store" and get it. This way I never, ever, ever have to pay full price for necessary toiletries. I'm not at the mercy of pricing cycles or rushed schedules to pay too much for something we are out of because I don't have time to get it cheaper. However, I have to shepherd this space and sometimes bless other families with our stockpiles.

I believe we are all called to be good stewards of our resources. Money is a resource. So are TIME and SPACE. We need to keep these in balance. By stocking up at sales, I save my family MONEY. If I plan my trips wisely, I can also save TIME by not having to make unnecessary trips for last minute "needs". However, I must strive to keep these things in balance with my SPACE. My family needs to be able to live in and enjoy our small home and not have to contend with hoarded sale items because I got caught up in the frenzy and excitement of the "deals".

Balance between all of our resources is the key to being good stewards, the difference between stewardship and hoarding.

How's your balance today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment