Pages

Labels

Monday, July 30, 2012

Creamy Cranberry Raisin Oatmeal

Awhile back, I tried McDonald's oatmeal for the first time. You know, the stuff with apples and raisins and brown sugar and the $1.99 price tag. I liked it so much that every time I got a sweet tooth, I wanted to get some oatmeal at McDonald's. As you can imagine, this started to add up and because I didn't want to kick my new oatmeal habit, I decided to find a way to make it less expensive. Here is my solution:

 One short trip to Aldi and I had my new sweet-tooth-satisfying snack. Total cost: $8.45 for enough stuff to make 10+ bowls of this yummy goodness (plus cost for optional apple).

To make it pour 2 packets of oatmeal in a bowl. Then add a small handful of golden raisins, a sprinkling of dried cranberries and about 1/4 of a chopped apple, if you like.


Heat about a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes or until hot. Pour over oatmeal and fruit, stir. Then comes the best part...



Pour the half and half on top (about 2 Tbsp. or as much as you like) and ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment